Old 06-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Pumpkin seeds RULE!

JNJ said:

Not us! We took the seeds and pulp of 5 pumpkins at my folks' place as well
as the seeds and pulp of our own 3, and spread them all over the far back of
our yard. Next year we should have quite the pumpkin patch back there. :P

You'll also have a lot of fat and sassy squirrels and birds. Pumpkin seeds
are a particular favorite. I've seen them eaten by crows, jays, and cardinals
as well as red and fox squirrels. And I don't doubt that they are gobbled up
by night-time critters as well.

Since pumpkins (with the aid of bees) are prodigious out-crossers, what grows
next year might look like pumpkins or like some weird squash.

It will be interesting...

(attributed to Don Marti)