Old 06-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Pumpkin seeds RULE!

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:16:14 GMT, (dstvns) wrote:

I never tasted baked pumpkin seeds before last Sunday, and never knew
what I was missing!!! They're like massive sunflower seeds that don't
need to be shelled!! I salted them, put them single-layer on a
cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes at 325F and viola, instant
super-treat These pumpkins were the "Triple Treat" Burpee seed
variety.

However, a word of warning - they tend to pop like popcorn all over
the oven, so put a layer of aluminum foil over the top of the sheet to
keep them from spraying all over the oven

Lower temperature; longer time. They *are* great, aren't they? I
'shell' the larger ones as when I eat sunflower seeds, but the outside
isn't all that tough. And talk about fiber!

As someone else has posted, many winter squash seeds may be treated
the same way.