Old 06-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Jim W

Default OT - computers - grrrr!

Sacha wrote:

I'd be grateful for advice and it would probably help the group if it is
emailed to me. I see that I have, say 12 messages to read but having read
9 of them, cannot access the last 3. Does anyone know what that is and what
I should do about it?
And I can't figure out how to delete read ng messages from hanging round on
my screen for days or weeks after I've read them.
Any (good) advice will be gratefully received.
--

Posted and Emailed..

Sacha,.. I didn't realise you were a fellow Mac user;-) ;-)

To be honest I use MacSOUP,.. I don't have Outlook on my Mac any more;-)
Thoth is another option...

Both are available via http://www.macupdate.com

You may also find useful..

http://www.pmug.connectfree.co.uk/

and the mailing list LMUG-TALK (a free mac support discussion list)
to subscribe plase see:
http://www.lmug.org.uk on the first page is information on joining the
list.

LMUG is london based but we have mac using list members from all over UK
and even one from Aus.. We would welcome you there.

Its a bit like URG but for Mac Users;-)

Hope this helps.. I deem this post ON topic as it's about apples!-Ppp

/
Jim

Macintosh and OpenStep/Rhapsody newsreaders Macintosh and
OpenStep/Rhapsody newsreaders
http://www.newsreaders.com/mac/clients.html Thursday, November 6, 2003

Outlook Express does news and e-mail. • IE5 for Mac by Peachpit Press
devotes half the book to Outlook Express. • SomeDude's OE for Mac Stuff
(various utilities/scripts/CM-modules) • AppleScript Central and SoundSet
Central for OE and Entourage • Outlook Express Archiver for archiving
emails and attachments using Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 •
-- click there to subscribe to unofficial
OE mailing list • microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac newsgroup
• microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac

-------------------- OE FAQ: Newsgroups
http://www.graphixmad.plus.com/OE_FAQ_newsgroups.html Thursday, November
6, 2003

HOW DO I LIMIT THE NUMBER OF POSTS TO DOWNLOAD FOR THE NEWSGROUPS? There
are two ways to do this: 1) Via the Accounts News window, then click on
the Options tab, and enter a number in the Get xxx headers at a time box.
You can put any number from 1 to 10,000 in it. Limiting the number of
messages Outlook Express should download, is listed under the Server
Options header.
2) Via Rules News tabbed window. Create a rule that
applies specifically to a newsgroup - see the top pop-up menu in a rule
setup window. Then create a instance in the If section, that goes like
this: Date Sent - Is Greater Than - xx days. In the Then section, set it
to Do not show article. This picture shows you how to setup a date limit
for one newsgroup only. You can create a Rule for an individual newsgroup
or one that applies to all newsgroups, if you wish - see the Newsgroup
pop-up window for the various options available.