Old 06-11-2003, 06:42 PM
JNJ

Default Pumpkin seeds RULE!

You'll also have a lot of fat and sassy squirrels and birds. Pumpkin
seeds
are a particular favorite. I've seen them eaten by crows, jays, and

cardinals
as well as red and fox squirrels. And I don't doubt that they are gobbled

up
by night-time critters as well.

LOL -- I've no doubt you're right. We have a 15' x 15' feeder area for the
birds and such so they tend to forage there first and the squirrels have so
many walnuts to munch on that even THEIR appetites might be satisfied.
Grin I figure some of the seeds will likely survive though which is
cool -- if not, it's no biggie. We can always buy seeds for whatever we
actually PLAN to grow next year.

Since pumpkins (with the aid of bees) are prodigious out-crossers, what

grows
next year might look like pumpkins or like some weird squash.

It will be interesting...

This is true. I'll post back next year on just what comes up.

James