Old 06-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Jim W

Default OT - computers - grrrr!

Sacha wrote:

Again.. OE6 not an option.. last available OE for Mac is v5.0.6 IIRC;-)
Which I've just realised links in with Sachas email addy! LOL;-)

Hence my recommendations for MacSOUP or Thoth in other post which are
available both for Sys 9 & X..
/
Jim

Thanks, Jim. I'll look at those. This has just happened today so I have no
idea what's set the blasted thing off!

Thanks to everyone else for trying to help me but Macs don't seem to follow
the rules of other OE users. ;-(
--

Actually Franz is right;-)

Appreciate that I've defiled my Mac yet again with another MS product to
check this;-)) LOL

Go to menu Tools Mail Rules click on 'News' tab..

the best you can do is make a rule that deletes messages after X days..

You might also try clicking on the status button (looks like a *).. to
sort by status.. This will at least put read messages at the bottom of
the list. If it doesn't show up then ctrl click on the headings (eg
from/subject etc) and you will get a contextual menu with checks to
select/unselect.

But in MacSOUP I just set newsgroup settings to delete read messages
agter X days.. Definable for each group, multiple personalities etc
etc..

Jim