Old 06-11-2003, 09:12 PM
dstvns

Default Pumpkin seeds RULE!

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:43:28 -0800, "David Auker"
wrote:

Did you grow them? Harvesting/opening the pumpkin to reveal the seeds
neatly waiting is a wonder (but somewhat time-consuming...I wonder what the
commercial process is like!?)

I would guess they shred the entire squash plant, and the seeds float
to the top of a vat of water. That's how I separated the seeds from
my pumpkin....put them in a bowl of water and nearly all the seeds
floated.

It seems to be an extremely easy process to mass produce...simply dump
in a large vat of water and skim the seeds off. Maybe one day we'll
see salted pumpkin seeds on the store shelves

Dan