Old 06-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Dend. grouth pattern

My best guess is that the plant does not like its pot/medium -- have you
checked to see if there is a viable root system down in the pot?

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"gal" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I have one Dend and I am puzzled by its growth pattern. When I bought
it had four pseudobulbs. Three are about 3intch long with no leaves.
The fourth is about 10intch long with about ten leaves arranged in the
common fish bone pattern.
I bought it in bloom. When the flowers died I cut the stem off. After
a few weeks new growth appeared in two locations - at the tip of one
of the short bare pseudobulb and just under the top leaves of the main
bulb. The new growth included leaves and roots. I thought these are
kikies so I cut them off and repotted them. They are doing fine. Then
the plant bloomed again at two locations - at the top of the main bulb
and at the tip of one of the small bulbs. Then while in bloom I got
new growth that looks again like kikies and the same two locations.

I have decided to leave this growth on the plant, since I do not want
ten pots with the same plant (no space).

Is this normal? Is there a way to get the plat to grow a new bulb from
its origin that is planted in the media?

Regards

Gal