Old 06-11-2003, 11:03 PM
brian w edginton

Default How do I block my email from appearing on messages?

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:50:55 +1000, "paxwax1"
wrote:

I'm getting so much 'bad' mail of late and the only thing I can put it down
to is that my email goes out to newsgroups; no-one else.

It would be great to know of ways around this.

Use a false address on newsgroups. Probably too late....you are
already on lists. Lists are currency to spammers.
Apart from that, the listmakers have bots that make up usernames and
marry them to known domains. They send out millions of spam messages
in the hope of hitting an occasional real address.
I mentioned this one before and an "expert", here, said it wasn't
so.....it is! I get many messages per day addressed to all sorts of
weird, multiple addresses using my ISP's domain with mine in the
middle.
Reply to one and you are on a bunch more lists even if they say that
you can opt out. Even a tirade of abuse won't get you off. Any
response at all confirms you are a live on and worth more to list
buyers.

Check out MailWasher.....allows you to clean out your mailbox before
downloading content. Also allows you to blacklist senders and to
create filters. Checking before downloading helps detect unwelcome
attachments, too.

brianWE
Learning.
If I hadn't been proven wrong so often, I wouldn't
be as smart as I am, now.