Old 07-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] the Kingsville which is not

In a message dated 11/5/2003 7:52:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
The named selected by Hohman (B. microphylla var. compacta) is a
synonym for B. microphylla 'Compacta'. /Kingsville/ and /Kingsville
Dwarf/ are also a synonym for B. microphylla 'Compacta'.

I would be grateful if you could pass this registration information on
to the larger bonsai community. I find it quite unfortunate to see
such a beautiful bonsai specimen as 'Compacta' repeatedly and
incorrectly named as either /Kingsville/ or /Kingsville Dwarf/.
Michael Dirr refers to Kingsville as Buxus microphylla 'Kingsville Dwarf'
(var. japonica form).

Anita, can you send me a direct number for Lynn.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: