Old 07-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Jim W

Default Wisteria /Viginia Creeper.

Franz Heymann wrote:

"Peter C" wrote in message

[snip]
Thank you for all replies. This afternoon at the local garden centre
purchased two P henryana. Will plant out and look forward to a good
display next year.

Peter, you are a trifle too optimistic. It will take at least 2 years
before the P henryana gives a good display. ( At least, mine did.)

Franz

Possibly, it does take a while to get established.

Mind you I find the plain summer colour of P. henryana almost as
attractive as its autumn tints.. Those deep dark green leaves with the
ivory white veins which almost seem to glow at you in the right light..

It is incredible..

The parent of our P.henryana is showing good colour this year, but its
in a more exposed condition than ours and a mature plant. Ours is
growing well but not much sign of autumn tints.. Mebbe if we get a hard
frost;-)
/
Jim