Old 07-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Peter Gennaro

Default Algae

40 watts for 125g? Isn't that like .3 watts per gallon? Or did I figure that
wrong?
You must keep the curtains open pretty much.

I grow green hair algae high up close to the lights, but brown spot lower
down. I think that might be your key right there.

My otos are scared to go up by the lights even when they're off. So that
algae never gets eaten. The only time I get rid of it is when I prune.

"Paul" wrote in message
can some one explain to me pls what are the factors in the type of algae

you
get in a tank?

for instance, I have brown spot algae and I really would prefer green hair
algae. what do I have to change to do this.

I have a 125g tank set at 25 degrees C. 40 watt "daylight" fluro. I

also
have a fair amount of indirect sunlight if I open the curtains.
the java fern, java moss and corkscrew plant are doing fine. normal

levels
of nitrate.