Old 07-11-2003, 04:32 PM
JNJ

Default Pomagranates

Does anyone have any experience with pomagranates?
I want to try growing them hydroponically.

That would prove interesting. Pomegranates grow on shrubs that reach 6 to
15 feet in height and, as I understand it, seeds tend to come from inedible
varieties. They're native to central Asia -- middle east especially, I
believe. Some have speculated that the forbidden fruit was actually a
pomegranate rather than a Braeburn. :P

I'd have to wonder how you could grow them hydroponically -- I wouldn't
suspect they are very conducive to such conditions, especially with their
mature size, but perhaps they would do ok in a greenhouse. I did a quick
search on "pomegranate hydroponic" though and came up with a bunch of hits.
You misspelled it above so that might be why you didn't find any -- hit
Yahoo and try a search with "pomegranate hydroponic" and I'll wager you'll
find something worthwhile.

James