Old 07-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Tom J

Default Pecans in a pasture ?

"Gloria" wrote in message
I have access to free pecans, all I care to harvest, but they are in a horse
pasture, and of course, there is manure scattered about under the trees.
Are these pecans safe to eat? The idea of eating pecans that have fallen
where the horses deposit their manure has me a bit concerned about health
issues. Does anyone have an opinion? TIA

I am 74 years old and have been eating pecans that came from trees that are in
a cow pasture and a hog pasture all my life. Still do!! I don't eat the
shells and don't gather nuts with fresh manure attached. ;-)

Tom J
who loves anything with pecans