Old 07-11-2003, 08:12 PM
madgardener

Default Pecans in a pasture ?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:33:01 GMT, Lar wrote:

In article M%Mqb.97233$mZ5.633491@attbi_s54, grdngal48
says...
wash off the remaining and prepare as
usual for consumption. Those hard shells are there for a purpose - the
nutmeats should be fine.

The only other question would be being in a pasture, if
the tree is native, are the pecans worth the effort to
begin with.

and my answer to that is a resounding hell yes!!! Just because Gloria
lives in Alabama don't mean the pecans are unedible. There is a hard
outer shell, like Pam says, it's green, that protects the inner
pecan.... Gloria. It'll stain yer hands like black walnuts outer hulls
do g but in the long run, you'll have a butt load of free pecans!!
(I can taste the banana nut bread now....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) Even
better, buy a cheap box of yaller cake mix and over beat it with an
extra egg and use buttermilk instead of water or milk, and add two
cups of chopped pecans to the batter and put into a loaf pan. LORD
woman!!! heaven in a loaf! GBSEG
madgardener who has a pecan tree in town where she lives were it not
that this year was the light nut year for the tree would be down there
harvesting the nuts off the tree from the bed of the truck!