Old 07-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Lilly

Default Pomagranates

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:31:12 -0500, "Tom J"
wrote:

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience with pomagranates?
I want to try growing them hydroponically.

My experience is that they produce fruit consistently starting at around 6 to
10 years old, and at a height of 8 to 12 feet and a limb spread of 6 to 12
feet.

Do you really want to spend that much energy??

Tom J
who has a pomegranate cluster in the lawn

Tom, might I ask what zone you're in? I have a pom tree (more like a
bush, really) that I got when I lived in Southern California. Since
moving to the Pacific Northwest, zone 7 or 8, it hasn't flowered once,
which I assume is because it's too cold for it here. I was thinking of
pruning the heck out of it come winter, and just making it an indoor
tree from now on. Any ideas?
Thanks!
~Lilly

Trees are the Earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heavens.
-Rabindranath Tagore-