Old 07-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Tom J

Default Pomagranates

I'm in the Atlanta, GA area and we do have some cold winters. About every 15
to 20 years they get killed back to near the ground, but because of the
established root system, it usually only takes about 3 years for them to fruit
again. I have blooms most years and the set fruit an average of 2 out of 3
years.

Tom J

"Lilly" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:31:12 -0500, "Tom J"
wrote:

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience with pomagranates?
I want to try growing them hydroponically.

My experience is that they produce fruit consistently starting at around 6

10 years old, and at a height of 8 to 12 feet and a limb spread of 6 to 12
feet.

Do you really want to spend that much energy??

Tom J
who has a pomegranate cluster in the lawn

Tom, might I ask what zone you're in? I have a pom tree (more like a
bush, really) that I got when I lived in Southern California. Since
moving to the Pacific Northwest, zone 7 or 8, it hasn't flowered once,
which I assume is because it's too cold for it here. I was thinking of
pruning the heck out of it come winter, and just making it an indoor
tree from now on. Any ideas?
Thanks!
~Lilly

Trees are the Earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heavens.
-Rabindranath Tagore-