Old 07-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Colbyt

Default Hackberry mess

"Perry" wrote in message
.. .
I have two hackberry trees in my front yard. This time of year, anything
under the hackberry trees are covered in a filthy black stain. Question
#1...What *is* the black stuff?. Question #2....is there anything to do

overcome the black stuff? such as a certain food or fertilizer additive.
It's awful.
I am in the Deep South, southwest of New Orleans.
It looks like mildew....but I don't think that's what it is.
Perry

IMHO it is rotten berries and bird poo from where they came to eat the
berries.

My solution was to cut down the trees.

--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email