Old 08-11-2003, 07:02 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Pickeral Weed

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
So this year someone, actually two someones, gave me some pickerel weed.
First of all, I love it. It's an awesome hearty plant. Last weekend, the
wife and I were cleaning up the pond, pruning, etc. When I pulled the
pickeral weed up, we found that it was massively overgrowing the

container.
Once we got done cleaning, I was tired and just tossed the whole plant

into
the pond on a shelf. Anyone ever done this? No pot...just raw plant

sitting
in the pond?

Yes. It rooted into some spilled gravel the koi dumped on the shelf and
thrived. :^)
--
Carol.....
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that