Old 08-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Gloria

Default Pecans in a pasture ?

"Lar" wrote in message The only other question
would be being in a pasture, if
the tree is native, are the pecans worth the effort to
begin with.

The pecans are big, the meat is plump, very much worth the effort. I don't
know if they are native but I don't think so. I grew up in the middle of a
nine acre non-native pecan orchard. Trust me, there won't be enough pecans
left over for the varmints. In fact they'll be stored inside the house
where they'll be safe from varmints. I love to just crack 'em and eat 'em,
oh and put them in fudge and brownies, and make pecan pies, and buttered
parched pecans. And they're good in tuna or chicken salad, or sprinkled
over a tossed green salad. OK, I'm going pecan picking tomorrow and I'll
wash them off real good and let them dry and make sure I don't gather any
from the freshest piles. Thank you all for your input.

Gloria