Old 08-11-2003, 12:03 PM
martin

Default Glass mulch

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:34:52 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

The little fellow (no doubt about that) stood facing the road with =

his
raincoat spread wide......

according to the BBC each gnome knocks UKP500 off the value of your
house.

Ah, but I was thinking of flogging - as you were - selling them, not
erectin^^^^standing them up in my front garden.

Hmmmm. I used to know a place which went by the name of 'Gnome Hall'.
I'd guess the inhabitants lived in negative equity.....

I passed on the link to the BBC report about gnomes reducing the value
of a house to a Dutch woman. Local taxes are levied based on the value
of ones house. The Dutch woman intends to fill her garden with gnomes,
which I think she makes and then ask the local authority to revalue=20
her house.
I await the headline
"Gnome population explosion in Groningen, Groningen local authority
bankrupt"
--=20
Martin