Old 08-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Peter H

Default Grub Worms

"Tony Serwatuk" wrote in message
If you'd rather not use pesticides (I don't), a safer alternative is to

have
a sprinkler system installed in the spring. With a regularly scheduled
watering cycle you'll effectively drown them out within 3 weeks. I used

wake up to a dozen or so birds feasting on the grubs in my lawn in the
morning hours, but they have nothing to eat now.

Just a thought...

Lawn sprinklers are another route to go and will work if the infestation is
not too severe, but there are downsides. Beyond the fact that more and more
scientists are beginning to realize that we are squandering our fresh water
resources in trivial ways like this, you must be very careful with your
sprinkler system. In my 10+ years in the lawn care business I saw many lawn
problems, but by far the worst were the ones that were caused by excessive
irrigation and homeowners who insisted on having a lush green lawn right
through the summer months. If you go the sprinkler route I would recommend
that you be very careful with it. Use it only when required and in the heat
of the summer I would shut it down and let your lawn go dormant, which is
what it wants to do.

Peter H