Old 08-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Jonathan Phua

Default sphagnum hazard

I don't know. But I've got a nasty ear infection after repotting a few
plants in sphag. Maybe the dust flew inside my ear? It also kelt like
somemone punched my ear, even my jaw was pain!

Jon
"bb" wrote in message
I was reading about sphagnum moss and there was a warning about using
gloves and a particle mask when working with it. Seems the stuff can
cause a nasty infection.

Well, last week I potted a couple plants using sphagnum, and of
course, used no mask. I now have a nasty sinus infection like I've
never had before. For a couple of days the only symptom was my whole
nose was very sore, like I had been punched. In the last two days
it's turned into a swollen, painful mess.

Anyone have any similar experiences? I'd like to have an idea if it's
a coincidence, or a result of the sphagnum contact.

bb