Old 09-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Pen

Default Compost Bin Recommendations Needed

Mine might be an earth machine copy, sounds like you've got a better
thing. It was sold as a two piece: top cylinder latches onto a wider
bottom cylinder (whole thing pops off with a kick). The bottom had 4
big screws that pinned down a large thick plastic sieve for the
bottom. A lid capped the whole thing and had adjustable vents
depending on how far the lid was turned. I always turned it all the
way otherwise wind would take it to the nighbour's yard!

When turning, I used the lip for leverage. I'm barely 5' so when the
top half pops off, the neighbours gets a laugh. When I got rats in
there, they turned compost for me by their tunneling action.
Unfortunately, we discovered they were roof rats. ugh!