Old 09-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Default Compost Bin Recommendations Needed

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:32:12 GMT, "Compostman"
wrote:

Tom, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Victoria's opinion is not
based on true facts.

Thanks compostman BUT I get a bit more sun than you!

Las Vegas solar radiation levels,

Annual Total BTU's per square meter (10 tubes): 5,693,311

Washington DC

Annual Total BTU's per square meter (10 tubes): 3,602,086

That's 57% higher solar radiation, I'd expect the plastic to degrade
faster here. Generally even treated plastics begin to fail around the
5 year mark. I have seen products, recycled, that last longer but
haven't found any reliable data.