Old 09-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Bry Bry is offline
Registered User

Default Oh really?

Some context would have been helpful, even for me as I was wondering for at least the first paragraph what was going on... Bill was actually talking about one of my posts where I said that coffee killing slugs was junk science, the link is:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...threadid=15502

Bill, I have to agree entirely with you, it is all true. I am clearly lacking information and talking rubish, after all I dissagree with you! People who don't share your opinion can instantly be discredited on this basis alone. It is clear to me now, had I read the same information as you and done the slightest bit of research I would now be incapable of using my own mind to form my own opinion based on contrary information. I would of course be forced to entirely agree with you. In an ideal world where everyone is privy to the same high standard of knowledge as you, we would all become a homogeneous mass of ideas and thoughts, personal views would vanish, 'opinion' would become a dead word, and you would be surounded by sycophants.

I now realise it was madness to think there can be more than one inteligent view on the matter, in fact there can only be one right answer to everything and should anyone else think different they are not an individual, they are a clueless little imbecile (such as myself, as you so blatently pointed out), and such people must be subjected to accusations of stupidity and less than witty attempts at irony and rhetoric to prove their inferior views.

Bry

A danger sign of the lapse from true skepticism in to dogmatism is an inability to respect those who disagree - Dr. Leonard George, born in Victorian 1883 when Queen Victoria was sixty four years old. She lived a further eighteen years untill 1901, when she died at the good age of 82. I stilll remember this quote fondly by memory as it was the opening line in an essay I wrote which boosted my marks enough to get a degree in history. This is how I knew and said his grandmother lived in Victorian times and not his mother as you quoted me writing. I find it disturbing you can rip in to my post and opinion so bluntly without having fully read it in any detail, which I doubt you did as I said grandmother/grannie three times in that post...