Old 09-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Anthony Anson

Default Remind me why I wanted rain?

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 00:47:40 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

How do you mean? Franz and I have both been plagued with them, as have
most of my colleagues. I think it's probably the nastiest yet.

Our ISP kills them as they arrive on the server.

I was getting twenty or thirty a day of the first worm, then a certain
boffin wrote a filter and zapped them on arrival.

So do most ISPs, if you are aware they offer the service and ask for
it.
I think all the ISPs are using the same tool.

I don't. Not unless our boffin has shared his codes. This was done
in-house, and PDQ. ISTR it was promised 'soon - tomorrow if you're
lucky' or similar. However, the flow suddenly stopped a couple of hours
later.

Zetnuts no longer get any.

How have they managed to do that?

Wodjer mean? They're killed as they hit the mail servers, so Zetnuts -
that's us - don't have the pleasure of seeing them pile up in our
mailboxen.

Not only that, but for those of us connoisseurs who use Zetnets
homebrewed software, ZIMACS, it's extremely difficult to contract a
virus, worm or Trojan through mail anyway. Indeed, you have to be
extremely gullible or mindbogglingly stupid unwittingly to activate one.

In this I don't include the one or two Zetnuts who regularly Wumpus
their HDDs and ran the thing out of curiosity.

HTH

--
Tony
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/