Old 09-11-2003, 03:12 PM

Default Oh really?

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:50:34 -0500, Noydb
wrote:

On another note, I am additionally offended that you would take the postings
from this group and use them as filler on your own blog
(http://tinyurl.com/u90u ) as it dishonestly gives the appearance that I
have posted to your blog. I have not and will not. While probably legal to
transfer my words, it is certainly unethical. I posted _here_, on a public
forum and I do not want my writing to serve to enrich you on your private
forum. Replies to what I have said should, ethically, _also_be_posted_here_
so that both I and others could see the full thread of the postings and
arrive at our own conclusions.

First, I would like to give notice to all and sundry that I
have strong feelings about the copyright of whatever I
write, and I expressly do NOT give anyone permission to use
my writings anywhere.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Second, I know nothing of the issues of this thread and do
not care about them either, and couldn't care less about who
said what or whichever in this thread, in this particular
Usenet newsgroup (rec.gardens.edible).

I *do* care about copyright violation affecting Usenet
newsgroups in which I participate.

Therefore, I offer the following general information.

I offer this without implying in any way that anyone's
copyright has been violated or has not been, as I do not
know the circumstances.

General copyright information for others:

http://www.benedict.com - The Copyright Site. The author of
this site is a copyright attorney. It says, in part,

"almost any original expression that is fixed in a tangible
form is protected as soon as it is expressed. For example, a
graphic created in Photoshop is protected as soon as the
file is saved to disk. This Web page was protected as soon
as I stopped typing and saved the .html file. As you can
see, most of the items that you are likely to encounter on
the net are eligible for copyright protection, including the
text of web pages, ASCII text documents, contents of email
and Usenet messages, sound files, graphics files, executable
computer programs and computer program listings."

and

"Copyrighted works on the net include news stories,
software, novels, screenplays, graphics, pictures, Usenet
messages and even email. In fact, the frightening reality is
that almost everything on the Net is protected by copyright
law."

http://www.benedict.com/info/registration/what.asp

Also the USA Copyright Office - very clear explanations of
the USA's copyright laws.

http://www.loc.gov/copyright

I believe that most countries are signatories to the Berne
Convention and honor each other's copyright laws.

BTW, the notice I include below is *not* necessary to
establish copyright.

Cheers,
Pat

Copyright © 2003 Patricia Meadows
All Rights Reserved

--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.