Old 09-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Woodswun

Default Help on identifying a berry flower

In article 3fadc59d@news1, "brendon petrovic" wrote:
Hi,

I have a flower growing in my garden which im guessing could be a wild
strawberry. can anyone help me identify on what this is please.

attached is a picture I have taken of it.

It's some kind of berry, but it doesn't look like a strawberry to me.
Strawberries have a more smooth skin with small seeds all over the exterior.
This one has an uneven skin with nodules sticking out regularly, and I didn't
see (m)any sees to speak of. Also, I don't think strawberries tend to have
prominent hairs on the leaves surrounding the fruit. (Not that I've noticed,
anyway).

Woods