Old 09-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Iris McCanna

Default Fireworks

"mich" wrote in message

snip
As for my animals , they were fine. I have yet to have a "terrified

animal"
on Bonfire night or the nights that suround it! Are you sure your

not
reading your feelings into their behaviour?

You are sadly wrong. One of our dogs had to be regularly sedated as
she became a trembling jelly each time she heard fireworks.

A very close friend in a village in Wiltshire lost his dog ten days
ago because she ran away having been terrified and disorientated by
fireworks. After ten days of searching, posters, visiting every
possible place and telling everyone, he broadcast on the local radio
station. Sandy was found thank goodness. My brother is very
seriously ill in hospital at the moment and they put a photograph of
Sandy with the words 'found' by his bed. When he came round after
being unconscious for over ten days, he cried with joy. Do not
attribute your ridiculous 'human' feelings to animals. They just
hear loud bangs and are terrified.

Iris McCanna