Old 09-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Bry Bry is offline
Registered User

Default Oh really?

Pat, perhaps I should have been clearer, www.gardenbanter.co.uk is *not* my site and I do not own, manage or even claim to fully understand how it works.

It is an HTML reader for several newsgroups, I simply use it to read and post here. I also have no idea about the copyright issues regarding this, in fact I hadn't considered them untill I read your post. Either way, I'm not responsible for them. The only thing in this site I can claim ownership to is my posts, and I suspect I gave away copyright to some extent when I pressed submit.

I'm also under the impression it is provided by the people/person who set up these newsgroups, or with their permission, although I unfortunatly can't prove this.

I'd urge anyone to do some research and find out what is going on before they start writing complaints, otherwise it could cause unfair problems for the person who does manage this site, something I believe they do as a helpful service to visitors. As someone who does run a site (which is of course *not*, www.gardenbanter.co.uk), I know that unfounded or mistaken complaints can cause trouble with some hosts that do more action that research.

I'd also be grateful if someone could step foward and explain what the connection between this site and the newsgroups are before this gets any further confused.

Bry