Old 09-11-2003, 08:13 PM
martin

Default Remind me why I wanted rain?

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:26:46 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

I think all the ISPs are using the same tool.

I don't. Not unless our boffin has shared his codes.

or made use of somebody else's?

Nope. I know exactly what he did, but am not shouting it out for fear of
some little infective oik getting to hear.

I think most people managed to kill Swen. If I wasn't an Agent user I
could have done it on the server.

This was done
in-house, and PDQ. ISTR it was promised 'soon - tomorrow if you're
lucky' or similar. However, the flow suddenly stopped a couple of hours
later.

It existed sometime ago elsewhere. It would be amazing if somebody in
house was to implement something from scratch that was readily
available elsewhere.

That depends on

a) how much it cost, and
b) on the implementer
c) just how good it was
d) and just how good a programmer he is. He is. And formidably bright -
you can read by the light of his proximity.

Are you talking about Swen or a normal antivirus running on the ISP's
server?

Zetnuts no longer get any.

How have they managed to do that?

Wodjer mean? They're killed as they hit the mail servers, so Zetnuts -
that's us - don't have the pleasure of seeing them pile up in our
mailboxen.

I thought he was referring to the ISP, not the users.

He? *NOW* who / what are we talking about?

You!

Not only that, but for those of us connoisseurs who use Zetnets
homebrewed software, ZIMACS, it's extremely difficult to contract a
virus, worm or Trojan through mail anyway. Indeed, you have to be
extremely gullible or mindbogglingly stupid unwittingly to activate one.

Oddly enough this also applies to users, who have never heard of
Zetnets. I would use the word "ignorant", rather than insult average
users.

You will be telling us next that Zetnet also identifies and tags
e-mail Spam too.

Well does it?

In this I don't include the one or two Zetnuts who regularly Wumpus
their HDDs and ran the thing out of curiosity.

HTH

I didn't really need any :-)

Anyone who isn't a Zetnut needs some, if only to direct him to www.zetnet.com

It's not the only good ISP in the world.
--
Martin