Old 09-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Tom J

Default Neighbor clearing trees, affects on property

Before talking to him, go to your city, county, or other local governing body
and ask to see tree cutting & land clearing regulations/ordinances. You need
ammunition in the gun before pulling the trigger, so to speak.
Your neighbor may have every right to do what he is doing, or may not. If he
has already taken out trees that violates local regulations/ordinances, he may
have to replace what was removed.

Tom J

"JNJ" wrote in message
Hey gang -- a question. I have a neighbor who is clearing out a bunch of
trees. Depending on which trees he decides to pull out, this could have a
substantial affect on my property both in terms of drainage/erosion as well
as wind breaks.

I know there are typically laws/ordinances about doing these types of things
so I wanted to see if anyone had any tips on what to look and where to look.
Naturally, I'm going to talk to him about it before I go the legal route but
I need to have my p's and q's together with this guy -- he's a tough
neighbor to deal with on just about anything.

Suggestions?

James