Old 09-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Fireworks

The message
from "mich" contains these words:
"Troy" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:53:01 -0000, mich ,although not a dog, wrote:

Do you *still* feel the same ?

--

To be bloody minded - YES!
I have to be honest and say I get fed up with the the quotation of such

I have lived with animals all my life, bred them, kept livestock, have lots
of pets. I love them all.

Some are anxious by nature. The answer is a secure home and shelter and to
ensure they are indoors.

Our old bull terrier used to positively revel in bonfire night, and to
get rid of her during set pieces (she wanted to get at them) we would
set off a large (by the then standards) rocket on a low trajectory, over
the seven-acre wood at the bottom of the garden, and beyond.

"Fetch it!"

Bull terror in full cry, fading to silence

Later, sometimes five minutes, sometimes half an hour, she would return,
and always with the right rocket.

She was also an excellent gundog - well, from the retrieving point of
view, but she wouldn't sit and wait to be told to 'fetch'. She was off
as soon as she saw the pigeon or rabbit drop.

--
Rusty Hinge
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/