Old 09-11-2003, 09:03 PM
David Hill

Default Fireworks

"..............Maybe they simply wont admit they have a breeding problem? Or
that they don't train the owners well enough?

I have lived with animals all my life, bred them, kept livestock, have lots
of pets. I love them all.

Some are anxious by nature. The answer is a secure home and shelter and to
ensure they are indoors........."

What a wonderful idea... lets keep people with Guide dogs off the streets
for at least 2 weeks around the start of November.so that all idiots can
throw fireworks to their hearts content.

Incidentally.....if you are elderly and with bad or no sight then the time
around Nov. 5th can be a very frightening time, and you still have to get
shopping etc, unless you want to sit like a prisoner in your own home for a
few weeks. And that isn't always safe....locally we have had a firework
thrown through the bedroom window of a 76 yr old lady, set the flat on fire
and terrified the lady.
In another incident a rocket was fired through the window of another
pensioner again causing damage and this time injuring the lady concerned.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries