Old 09-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Phisherman

Default Neighbor clearing trees, affects on property

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:30:50 -0500, "JNJ" wrote:

Hey gang -- a question. I have a neighbor who is clearing out a bunch of
trees. Depending on which trees he decides to pull out, this could have a
substantial affect on my property both in terms of drainage/erosion as well
as wind breaks.

I know there are typically laws/ordinances about doing these types of things
so I wanted to see if anyone had any tips on what to look and where to look.
Naturally, I'm going to talk to him about it before I go the legal route but
I need to have my p's and q's together with this guy -- he's a tough
neighbor to deal with on just about anything.

Suggestions?

James

I would be surprised if there exists a law to prevent him from cutting
down a few trees. He should be responsible to control erosion, but
that is easily fixed by growing grass.