Old 09-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Fran

Default Oh really?

wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:37:24 GMT, Bry
wrote:

(snip) the site I linked to, www.gardenbanter.co.uk is in fact not my
blog as you suggested, but is actually the *official HTML viewer to
this newsgroup*. I have no control over what is posted there, it
simply mirrors all the posts sent by people such as you who use an
email reader to access the group. (snip)

As I posted a few minutes ago, this is absolutely untrue.

Your website -- gardenbanter.co.uk -- has no association
with rec.gardens.edible and you are violating the copyright
of posters on this newsgroup by republishing their writings
elsewhere without their permission.

I'm quite curious as to how you know this for certain. Were you around when
rec.gardens.edible was created?

I ask because I know that there are some gatewayed ngs (the same posts
appear in differing internet guises) and I just wonder if there is such a
set up here that was created at some time in the past.

It is also unethical,
in my opinion, as you are stealing the intellectual property
of others.

?????? that doesn't make sense. Bry is a poster whose posts come to this
forum through an alternate means. Bry is no more stealing your posts than
you are stealing his/hers.

I suggest that anyone else who objects to this (I most
certainly do),

I think more information is needed before I'd climb on my high horse over
this.

The only FAQ I can find for this ng relates to herbs so no help there.