Old 09-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default Fireworks

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 21:21:58 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

It's like living in a war zone. We don't know if they're fireworks
or guns or bombs.

You have never heard gunfire or a bomb then? They sound very
different.

I was living about 3/4 mile from the bomb at Bristol university a few
years back. I heard it and knew straight away that it was *not* a
firework. It wasn't loud just far more percussive. The same applies to
gunfire. I was also in Birmingham seeing Spike Milligan when the Pub
Bombs went off, again it sounded different to thunder or big
firework(s).

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail