Old 10-11-2003, 12:02 AM
no one of importance

Default Oh really?

If I understand correctly, the problem you all are arguing about is that one
person may have put a post from the newsgroup on their own blog or website.

If I'm not mistaken, and I honestly don't think I am, as long as that person
gives the correct attribution to the original writer, they're pretty much
home free. They'd need to cite the date and newgroup as well, but it falls
under the "fair use" exemption, if I'm not mistaken. The problem would only
be if the website didn't include the attribution, but rather quoted it as
their own work.

Philip