Old 10-11-2003, 08:03 AM
mich

Default Fireworks

"anne" wrote in message

mich wrote in message

snip

And to answer an earlier poster, I do live in the middle of nowhere (

the
countryside)
and having people round is a luxury.

That's the difference then - you are lucky enough not to have experienced
what it's been like for most of us for the past few years. It used to be

ok
but it sure isn't now, it's gone completely OTT.

I am not "lucky". I live where I do because I worked hard and bought my way
out of a council estate in an inner city!

I left there because I couldnt stand the almost daily intimidation, thefts ,
vandalism . Its not Halloween or bonfire night that creates this problem ,
its a 24/7/365 problem.
People who blame bonfire night are just looking for a scapegoat for what is
actually a wider social problem.