Old 10-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Fireworks

"mich" wrote in message
As for my animals , they were fine. I have yet to have a "terrified

animal"
on Bonfire night or the nights that suround it! Are you sure your not
reading your feelings into their behaviour?

I was caught in a traffic jam and didn't get home 'till after dark.
Our Newfoundland, who is terrified by bangs, had broken through the fence
trying to find an escape from the bangs and flashes. My neighbour had taken
him in and was trying to comfort him.

Fireworks on Nov 5th, Diwali and New Years Eve we can cope with - and enjoy.
But it's been like the blitz here from the last few days of October, with
fireworks going off in all directions EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

I'm no spoil-sport, but if parents can't exercise control and persuade kids
that fireworks are for special occasions, then the law must.