Old 10-11-2003, 10:14 AM
H Ryder

Default moving virburnum

I have a virburnum bodnantense "dawn" in the garden which has been there
just over 3 years and is about 5 foot high, a foot and a half across. Will I
be able to move it without killing it? If so is there a best way? (I'd want
to if we moved house so could not be too picky about timing - it would
probably be in spring, but I could move it to a pot before hand - have also
heard that I should try cutting round the roots now - is this true? I know
that these things are supposed to be done when plant is dormant but as it is
flowering now was not sure when the plant was dormant ).
Hayley