Old 10-11-2003, 12:12 PM

Default introduction & request for tool buying advice

"Shelly Hurd" wrote:

January? - Isn't that still a little chilly?

Yes. Will start them indoors, under lights until it's warm enough outside.
Figure they need as much of a head start as possible.

The difference between the two are the type of cuts they make. Concave make
a more pointed angled cut, "knob" cutters make a circular deeper cut and are
most often used to cleanup branches you remove leaving a hole that heals
easier.

When would I use the concave? I thought they were used for removing
branches, too. That's what confused me...I saw references to both being
used for removing branches.

Keep reading and studying and find something to start with. Much more fun
then waiting on those little seeds to grow.

Yeah. When I found out that I wouldn't do much to them for the first couple
years of their life, I realized I need to start off with something bigger
that I can work with while waiting for the seedlings to mature.

Eric