Old 10-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Peggy Elliott

Default grass/groundcover for acidic soil zone 7

Pam - gardengal wrote:

Is there a reason you do not wish to lime your lawn? Few turf grasses will
****

I'm looking for a low maintenance solution. (Besides being both cheap and
lazy) :^)
The ground cover doesnt need to be grassy.

If this is an area you need to walk through regularly, I'd suggest putting
in pavers or stepping stones - these are not exactly low growing "stepable"
types of groundcovers (at least for us clumsy humans).

I've got about an acre to deal with, and much of it is on a slope (over the
septic field which also needs to be kept relatively accessable), so pavers
won't work for me, but thanks a bunch for the groundcover suggestions!

-Peg