Old 10-11-2003, 05:22 PM
The Puppy Wizard

Default Best way to stop digging ???

HOWEDY Peggy,

"Peggy Elliott" wrote in message

I had a Dalmatian that loved to dig.
Her reason was to cool off, tho.

Right. There's several reasons dogs dig.
The subject was carefully reviewed by
The Puppy Wizard citing a quote from
the UofPA small animal behavior clinic.

The EXXXPERTS GOT NO METHOD to
break dogs of diggin, withHOWET HURTIN
THEM.

I got her a kids wading pool and filled it with
water and she never dug again.

Right. Her diggin was for climate control.

Now I have hound who digs HUGE craters in
search of critters as yours does.

Would you like to break their diggin habit
in a few minutes using non physical, scientific
and psychological techniques?

Or would you prefer to complain abHOWET
the behaviors your dogs do that you can't
train cause you don't know HOWE?

Moles, voles, mice, bunnies, frogs, you name it...

IRRELEVENT.

she will eat anything.

Ever heard of POISON PROOFIN?

She's had a steady diet of cat poo for 3 years

Takes WON DAY to break dogs of eatin kat poo.

From: AIMEE )
Subject: House training and such...
Date: 2003-10-08 16:18:56 PST

I've been having a problem with my dog, Axel,
relieving himself in the house while I'm away
from home.

I've used TPW method's, and yesterday I was out
for 12 hours, and Axel didn't have one single "accident".

Today, I had hoped that the results would be just as
good - and they were (I was out for 11 hours).

The problem began when, as a puppy, Axel would
relieve himself in the house and I would point at the
mess and tell him "NO" or "Bad Dog".

That made him afraid to relieve himself in the house
or infront of me.

After I got TPW's training manual, I corrected my
mishandling of these instances.

When I came home to an "accident", I would simply
drop a can near the area and ask Axel "What's that?"
Then I would clean it up - with out showing him I was
the least bit upset about the mess, and when he looked
at the spot I would tell him "Good boy, you're a good dog".

This has been an ongoing problem, and thanks to the
Puppy Wizard, we've finally got it taken care of...

Also, Axel LOVES the cat's litter box...He enjoys the
"snacks" he can find in there...I followed TPW's methods
by alternating sounds and praising him while or before
he sticks his nose in it, and today, he's been going into
the room with the cat box and barking. That's because
he's thinking about getting into the box, but he knows he
shouldn't.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you help. You've been a
blessing to all of us.

AIMEE

===================

and she's never gotten sick from it.

Right. But that's not the point. Is it.

But the cats are all healthy. ;^)

Good for you.

I just keep re-seeding.

You think doin MOORE of the same
will get you different results?

Putting dog poo on the offending spot will make
her stop digging there.

Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, that's not
addressing the PROBLEM... the CAUSE
of the digging.

Of course she just then starts a new spot.

RIGHT.

Its a losing battle.

You ready to STOP bein a LOSER?

I swear I'm going to break an ankle every
time I mow the back yard and hit a new crater.

That'll give you a great EXXXCUSE for not
being able to train your dog. Won't it.

She is very industrious with her craters.

Digging is usually a symptom of ANXIHOWESNESS.

I should hire her out to an excavation company.

Or you could just train IT not to do that noMOORE.

-Peg

But you don't know HOWE.

From: AIMEE ):

I own a black an tan coonhound. We got him as a puppy, and
due to constant mishandling (pulling on his lead, negative
corrections, and the occasional use of a bark collar) I ended
up with a very anxious dog.

I couldn't leave him home alone, I couldn't crate him, I
couldn't even take my dog for walks because he feared
EVERYTHING.

I was going to have to get rid of him if things didn't turn
around.

My husband and I searched the internet for answers - AND WE
FOUND THE PUPPY WIZARD.

For all of you disbeliveers out there HIS METHODS WORK!

I've followed his manual, and we now have a dog that can be
left home alone, that heels on command, that can go outside
and NOT be afraid of everything he sees.

Not only have his methods helped our dog, but our marriage has
gotten better. We had fallen into a rut - constant bickering
and tension, we never laughed or had FUN together - but now,
with the same mindset used in THE PUPPY WIZARDS dog training,
our communications channels have opened, and we now work
together instead of against one another.

For all the "Literalists" out there, NO WE DID NOT TEACH EACH
OTHER TO SIT, STAY, OR HEEL.

We simply eliminated the nagging and the acting out to get
NEGATIVE attention from one another since we weren't getting
the POSITIVE attention we wanted.

So, it's been proven - THE PUPPY WIZARDS METHODS WORK.
It's up to you to accept them. Yes, there's alot of blame that we
have to accept, but once we realize that we've caused these
problems to arise, we can strive to make things better.

AIMEE