Old 10-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Sue da Nimm

Default Growing asparagus (parsnip)

"Rhiannon Macfie Miller" wrote in message

Mmm, sweetcorn... I suspect my little patch is a bit small
for that though.

No it isn't!
We have a small patch just behind one of the greenhouses which is just eight
feet by 3 feet. It is protected from the wind but gets oodles of sunlight.
We grew just twelve sweetcorn plants on that patch - stuck 'em in two rows
of six and forgot 'em.
They were Marshall's Supersweet. We had eighteen cobs which were taken
straight from the plants to the steamer whenever we fancied some.
The flavour was divine - and all the better because it was an occasional
treat!