Old 10-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Vox Humana

Default garden stone retaining wall

"sams" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

Iam thinking of putting a 2' tall garden stone retaining wall in my
back yard. Probably for 15' long, approximately 1/3 of the backyard
width. My backyard is higher than the front yard. Iam in a rolling
slope. And thinking of filling this with whatever good and cheap and
make it look like a patio or flower bed or a water fall.

Any good site on the web to improve my imagination, and make it a
possiblility?
I would like to get more suggestions and what will be a good plan to
improve the property value and turn something sore to the eye into
beautiful. My thinking is to DIY a granite stone wall with no mortar,
but wife is afraid of snake and other creatures making it a home.

Appreciate any adivise or directions.

There are many good books on landscaping and garden structures at bookstores
and home improvement centers. You might browse some of them for ideas. I
think the snake thing is irrational. If you don't have snakes now, I doubt
that they will be a problem in the future. Of course most snakes are
harmless to people and beneficial in controlling rodents and insect pests.

There are morterless retaining wall blocks of various sizes and colors
available at home improvement centers. You can look he
http://www.pavestone.com/retail/
http://www.allanblock.on.ca/products.html
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...retaining+wall