Old 10-11-2003, 08:42 PM
cat daddy

Default What's digging holes in my yard?

"Fred G" wrote in message
I live on the end of my building and there is a "catwalk" (ironic) that
hides cable and phone lines. They walk across that and make it to the
balcony. I hate to poison them, and animal control won't do anything about
cats usually. As I said, I don't think it should be my responsibility to
train her cats, but if she's not willing to keep them inside. BUT found

this
morning that one had actually crapped on the concrete (and the cat must

have
been sick... YUK!) that I had to go clean up. I've tried cactus-type of
plants on the ledge to block them, but they've managed to knock them off

and
I'm out the cost of the pots and plants.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and ask for "hardware cloth". It's large and
rigid wire screen. Cut to the diameter of the pot, snip to the center and
cut a hole the size of the plant. They probably also have a larger screen
for multi-stemmed plants that could grow right through.
You could probably use a bit of screen to block off the catwalk, as well.