Old 11-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Latest & Greatest in Place of Cronquist '68

If you are referring to:

"Cronquist, Arthur (1968) The Evolution and Classification of Flowering
Plants. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston.",

There have been many books on plant classification published since that
piece of crap that are much better. His plant family concepts weren't even
accepted in his own lifetime and are not at all accepted today. What good
is utility, portability, and presumed comprehensiveness if the book is
completely wrong?

Too bad there isn't a "Golden Book" on plant classification or "Plant
Classification for Dummies" that suits your needs.

Frank Reichenbacher wrote in message
news

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
. com...
Your presumption that Cronquist's book was all that great is really sad.

Go to a college university book store and you will easily find a worthy
replacement.

Maybe even among the bargain books!!!

So I take it that there isn't anything better.

Frank

Frank Reichenbacher wrote in message
I've been out of the botanical loop for quite a while and when I went

look up something in my Cronquist 1968 I found that it has grown feet

and
wandered away from my abode.

Is there anything to replace it of equal utility, portability, and
comprehensiveness?

Frank