Old 11-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Frogleg

Default Doin' Some 'Shrooms...

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:18:01 -0800, Down Under On The Bucket Farm
wrote:

So I am researching mushrooms. NOT those "magic" ones,
ornecessarily anything "gourmet." Just regular mushrooms for
eating (e.g. the basic white type available at supermarkets.)

My small outdoor space is already filled with veggies, so I am
looking for indoor arraingements for the mushrooms (don't they
like the dark?)

A Google search comes up with:

snip
4. Promotions for commercial "kits" supposedly containing the
necessary ingredients.

Search on

mushroom culture
mushroom cultivation

to see some options. These sites:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/nsaf/elibrary/a...nic/990015.htm
http://www.mykoweb.com/articles/cultivation.html

has some basic info.

I have had several 'kits' that produced (small) crops inside a
cardboard box. Sustained mushroom cultivation is pretty fiddly. Not
like planting a seed/spore and waiting for them to grow.

Good luck.