Old 11-11-2003, 11:32 AM
jane

Default large garden maintenance

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:07:35 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

~The message
~from "K" contains these words:
~
~
~ My DH cuts the grass and trims the escalonia for me - doesn't like
~ gardening. He bought himself a hedgecutter in the summer and has used it
~ once. Managed to cut through the lead TWICE!!
~
~ Hm, K, I'm not sure you've quite picked up the spousal message. It
~appears he wishes to offload an unwelcome task, bought *you* a
~hedgetrimmer, and cunningly made double sure you'd never let him operate
~it. A variant on the famous Dishwasher Doublecross.

Oh I know that. Make sure you are so incompetent at a task that the SO
gives up either waiting for the task to get done or done properly that
they do it themselves anyway... mine is fully aware I know this trick!

And he is turning into quite a good laundry wallah. Mostly cos I
accidentally dye his knickers pink occasionally... :-)

Having said this, on the hedgetrimmer point, every time I've tried to
cut the late unlamented lonicera nitida hedge he's come out and done
it, convinced I was going to kill myself balanced on a stepstool on
the raised rockery...

(In the end the hedge overbalanced in heavy rain a few months ago,
literally ending up horizontal. We got it taken out, cutting it down
to stumps and these are now resprouting and are being trimmed into
football-sized edging. Much prettier. And I don't have to play with
the ancient electric lightsabre any more.)

--
jane

Mark Twain